Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi (ITA), Oxford University Press (OUP) and Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI) Pakistan, are delighted to host the 6th Children’s Literature Festival (CLF) in Pakistan. The first CLF Islamabad will be held on 24 and 25 May, 2013 at Pak- China Friendship Centre.
Children’s Literature Festival (CLF) is a public event to be attended by thousands of children and teachers from all over Pakistan. CLF is a social movement; an equalizer for all school systems in the country from government and private schools systems and non-formal programs to address challenges of learning, reviving a culture of reading and generating content for textbooks and supplementary materials in the classrooms. It is a torch bearer campaign for promoting reading habits amongst children, exposing them to multi-sensory learning beyond textbooks and tests. CLF is an exciting initiative to promote reading, creativity, critical thinking and imagination among children.
The CLF started from Lahore in 2011. In the last twelve months CLF held mega events in Quetta, Peshawar, Bahawalpur and Karachi with an attendance of over 80,000 children and adults. It has cast its footprint across Pakistan and the region.
CLF Islamabad presents celebrities, authors, publishers and well-known personalities. The event will feature interactive readings, discussions and workshops by famous children’s writers, poets and resource persons. Activities for children (age group: 4- 10 and 11-17) include:
- · Readings and storytelling –sing aloud by well known writers
- · Creative writing and book making and book binding
- · Poetry reading and ‘Writing Poems’ with renowned poets
- · Writing book reviews
- · Book launches and Book fair
- · Workshops on illustrations, digital stories, comics and managing libraries
- · Understanding our Literature: Ghalib aur Faiz- letters to poetry .. khatoot aur Shairi ..ek gehra rishta ..Raj wali Khattak on Pashto Shairi
- · Debating and Writing sessions –bol ke lub azad hain teray
- · Plenary Sessions: Ongoing Challenges of Textbooks & Curriculum; National Language Policy-is a resolution in sight?; Inclusive Education; Experiments in Quality and Access – we can do it! ; Reading Early Counts for Early Childhood Development; Experiments in Lively Libraries!
- · IT ka Adda…. IT based explorations for learning and creativity
- · Interactive pottery, arts and crafts- painting
- · Live Puppets, cartoons, theatre and music shows
- · Exciting Stalls by NGOs/Publishers on innovative learning products
Well-known Ambassadors of CLF include Dr Arfa Syeda Zehra, Zehra Nigah Rumana Hussain, Zubaida Jalal, Basarat Kazim, Adeel Hashmi, Mira Hashmi, Nadia Jamil, Sania Saeed, Zubaida Mustafa, Fahd Hussain, Master Ayub, Zubair Torwali, Kishwar Naheed, Samar Minallah, Akram Dost, Fauzia Minallah and Khaled Anam, Basarat Kazim, Alif Laila Book Bus
Child/Youth Ambassadors list will be announced shortly by the CLF Secretariat
Book Your Stalls Now .. for the Exciting CLF Islamabad